Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It may be the hardest job, but it's the best job.

Monday afternoon I made a quick trip to CVS to take advantage of the great Huggies deal.   I usually try to make trips to the stores by myself after my children are in bed, but lately I just haven't had the energy.  Every time I go to the store, it's a struggling with Little Bro.  He is always wanting to push the cart, walk on his own, open the doors, etc.  This is always a problem because he runs the carts into things, or gets mad when the doors open automatically before he gets there.  If things don't go his way, then we start melting down.  My little trip to CVS was no exception.  As I got to the counter to check out, he was trying to leave the store with my unpaid diapers.  I fought with him to put the diapers on the counter.   The girl behind the counter just smiled and said, "You just look exhausted!"  I smiled and said, "Yes, yes, I am."  She proceeded to tell me that she was pregnant with her first child and her boyfriend was so excited for it, but she wasn't sure.  I tried to sound convincing and said, "It is very hard, but you'll love being a mommy."  I am not sure that convinced her.

Tuesday morning, I woke up exhausted (not even sure how that happens).  Baby Sis woke up early and I tried to cuddle up on the couch with her and watch the Today Show before the boys woke.  That didn't last long.  She is at the stage where she is getting into everything.  The boys woke, were fed, dressed and we were trying to get out the door to go to my mom's and I was distracted by the commercial that was on the TV.  It was the latest P&G commercial for the Olympics.  I am not sure if it was my exhaustion, the music or what, but I burst into tears.  Big Brother asked, "what's wrong mommy?".  I replied, "Nothing honey, sometimes mommies cry because they love their children so much."  That was a good enough answer for him.



This morning, I woke with a little more energy.  I also woke with a new attitude.  I know that today I may not get all the laundry done, cut & sort the huge stack of coupons on my kitchen table, or scrub the pee-stained toilets.  I may not work on the three projects that I promised other friends that I would do.  I may not do a single thing for my Thirty One Business. But, One thing I know for sure that I will do today is be a good mom.  I will snuggle with them on the couch and read books.  I will make a farm with the boys in the sandbox.  I will let baby sis crawl all over me, pull my hair and laugh & dance with her.   And I will not feel one bit guilty about getting absolutely nothing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)