Monday, March 17, 2014
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
This is one of my favorite meals. It is simple. It is yummy. It is NOT healthy. Sometimes we just need a little comfort food, and this is definitely the recipe that I go to.
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cans of Chicken Broth (14.5 oz)
1/2 Cup of Butter
1 Package of Split Chicken Breasts (Usually 4 halves in a package)
1 24 oz package or Reames Egg Noodles (Must be this brand)
Cook chicken breasts, butter, soup and broth on low for 6 hours in crock pot. Pull chicken, then add Reames noodles. Cook another 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Salt and pepper to taste.
Changes I made:
* I just use frozen chicken breasts...usually 3 for a full batch and 2 small if I halve it.
* I added a little chopped carrots and celery. It makes you feel a little better about eating it.
* I added my salt and pepper to the crock pot when putting it all in.
* My noodles didn't take as long to cook.
* Keep extra chicken broth handy if it gets too thick for your liking.
This makes a huge batch. For our family of five, I can get two meals out of it. It is so tasty that my entire family will eat the leftovers.
***Special shout out to my sister-in-law Heather for sharing the recipe with me.***