Monday, September 24, 2012

Progresso Recipe Starters Second Chance Review

 

After our experience last week with Progresso Recipe Starters, I decided that I might just give it a second chance. I am glad that I did!  Originally, I was able to try out the Basil free as a Bzz Agent, but this time I opted for the Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock. 


I have had my eye on the Chicken Enchilada recipe on the Progresso website, so I decided that we'd try it out.  It was super easy to make.  If you'd like to try it out here is what you'd need:

Ingredients

  • 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
  • 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 cups diced deli rotisserie chicken
  • 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)

Garnishes, If Desired

  • Chopped green onions or avocado
  • Lettuce
  • Chopped tomatoes
  • Additional sour cream 
We followed the instructions given: 
Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, mix cooking sauce, chiles and cumin. 
Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup sauce mixture in bottom of baking dish. 
 In medium bowl, stir together chicken, black beans, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and 1/2 cup sauce mixture.
Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot and cheese is melted.
Top with avocado or green onions. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and additional sour cream.
We thought this was super yummy! We will definitely make it again. It was great for the entire family. Big Bro took a few bites and exclaimed, "delicioso!".  I think he has been watching too much Dora.  We enjoyed it so much that we almost ate the entire pan. 


 I loved the fact that it was super easy to make.  I think the Creamy Roasted Garlic gave it the kick that it needed.  Want to know more about Progresso Recipe Starters? Visit Progresso and find recipes to make the dinner rush a little easier!
Want to help spread the Bzz about new products?  Visit BzzAgent and find out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)