As a busy mother of three, I simply don't have the time, nor the energy to be a crazy coupon lady. However, I have found that I can get the best bang for my buck at Kroger where they DOUBLE coupons up to a $1.00 versus Walmart. Also, CVS pharmacy is an incredible place to find great deals on diapers, toiletries, and sometimes even groceries! I am going to try and share with you my weekly shopping trips to CVS, so you can see how their system works and see if it would be a good fit for you. My goal next week will be to do this earlier in the week, so have a little more time to take advantage of their sales. CVS sales run from Sunday to Saturday.
This week they had a great promotion on a HUGE number of items...For every $30 you spent on those particular items, you would receive a $10 CVS cash card, which is basically a gift card. This was such a good deal because there was a limit of 5, instead of the usual 1 per household. Let me tell you...I got some great deals!
First of all, let me share with you the deal that I got LAST WEEK that gave me a $10 gift card to spend this week. THIS IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
Last week, they also had the spend $30 and get a $10 cash card, and this is what I bought:
- 7 All Detergents @ $4.00 each, $28 total used 3 - $2 off of 2 All detergent coupons and 1 -$1 off of 1 All detergent (all these coupons came from the PJ Star in the last couple of weeks)
- 1 Pack of Finish Tabs @ $4.00
So this week I started with the $10 cash card. I went to CVS late around 9:00 at night, WITHOUT children, so I could concentrate and get what I needed. I did end up doing three different transactions, but I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you are the only one in the store like I was. Plus, since I am a regular, the CVS ladies are pretty nice to me. :-) Here are my deals:
- 1 Tide @ $5.94, used $1.50 off coupon from the P&G January Insert (found in newspaper)
- 2 Scott Bath Tissue @ $7.49 each, $14.98 total, used $1 off of 2 from this week's newspaper insert
- 1 Scott Mega Paper Towels @ $9.99, used $1 off coupon from this week's newspaper insert
- 1 Venus & Olay Razor (LOVE this Razor, but forgot to include in picture) @ 10.99, used $3 off coupon from the Parade insert in the newspaper from several weeks ago
So with my $10 cash card and $5 ECB, I bought these:
- 1 pack of Huggies Little Movers Diapers @ $9.49, used $2 off coupon from this week's newspaper insert
- 2 packs of Pull-ups @ $9.49 each, $18.98 total, used 1 $2 off coupon from this week's newspaper insert and 1 $2 off coupon from www.coupons.com (still available)
- 2 Dawn Dish Soap @ $0.99 each, $1.98 total, used 1 $0.25 off coupon and 1 $0.50 off coupon both from the P&G insert found in the newspaper at the beginning of January
- I also used the $5 ECB.
So I turned around and bought this...
- 3 Pantene Mousse and 1 Conditioner @ $3.50 each, Total $14.00, used a $1 off 1 coupon from a P&G coupon booklet that I received in the mail, a $3 off 2 coupon from the P&G insert in the newspaper at the beginning of January, and a $2.50 off of $12 of hair products from the big red coupon machine at CVS.
- 1 Huggies Wipes @$5.99, used $0.50 off 1 coupon from this week's newspaper insert.
- 2 Kit Kat Bags @ $2.50 each, $5.00 total
- 1 8 Pack of Powerade @ $3.99
These items are still on sale today! They base the $30 on the item's price before you use any coupons, but it must reach $30, can't be $29.99 to get the $10 card. GOOD LUCK! Feel free to ask ANY questions!