Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Family Favorite: Meatloaf & Party Potatoes


I had told you last week that I would share this recipe.  I thought I'd better keep my word.  Party Potatoes have become a tradition to serve in church meals.  I remember when I was a girl being super excited to eat a meal at church after a baptism because I knew they would serve Party Potatoes.  Yeah, I know...a bit sad.  I think this is where my addiction to potatoes comes from.  They are quite tasty and super easy to make.  I like to pair it with Meatloaf, but it also would go great with ham for Easter.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Party Potatoes
  • Instant Potatoes for 24 Servings (water, milk, & butter to make them)
  • 2- 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese
  • 2- 8 oz. container of French Onion Dip 
  • Garlic Salt to Taste 
Make potatoes according to package, but omitting 1/2 cup of the liquid.   Mix in cream cheese and French Onion Dip.  Add Garlic Salt to your liking.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes to bring the flavors out. Enjoy! 

Note: I sometimes sprinkle a little shredded cheddar cheese on top.  

Meatloaf
  • 1 1/2 lb of hamburger (uncooked)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup of milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp. of salt 
  • 1/2 tsp. of pepper
  • 1 med. onion, quartered (I omit this because onions give my hubby indigestion)
  • 1 carrot, chopped 
  • 3 slices of bread

Combine all ingredients in blender except hamburger.  Then, pour mixture in a bowl and mix with hamburger. Shape into a loaf and place it in a greased loaf pan.  Note:  We like to combine a little ketchup and brown sugar for the top of the meatloaf. It adds a great flavor.  Then, Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)