Friday, September 16, 2011

Pizza Snacks


I promised to share the pizza snack recipe from this week's menu.  My boys loved having Daddy to themselves on Wednesday, and this was a perfect meal for Daddy to throw in the oven.  I came home to only two of them leftover, so I would say that they were a hit!

This particular recipe is from my sister-in-law.  We used to have these at ACYF (church youth group) gatherings when I was in high school.  LOVE them!  

Here is what you will need:
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 lb. sausage
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt 
  • 1 tsp.  Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cut up
  • 1 can tomato sauce 
  • mozzarella cheese
  • English muffin, small rye breads, little Italian bread slices (I got a huge back on sale at Kroger of $0.99 this week) 
This is what you do:

Brown hamburger and sausage with onion flakes.  Add oregano, garlic salt and Worcestershire.  Add Velveeta cheese, stir until melted.

Spread 1 tsp. tomato sauce on bread.  Put 1 tablespoon meat mixture on bread, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Makes about 3 dozen per batch.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)