We are still a few months away, but I hope you have started your Christmas shopping! In the past, I have found that I can do almost all my Christmas shopping online. This year will be the same. With three kids, there is no way I can get to an actual store and shop without losing my sanity! Here are a couple of tips to help you with your online shopping experience:
1. Before placing an order online, ALWAYS check for coupon codes. Many times you will be able to find a code for free shipping or a percentage off. Some companies restrict the use of codes to one or two, so you will need to be able to figure out which discount will help you the most. However, there are several companies who will let you stack coupon codes and get a percentage off AND free shipping. For example, I know Shutterfly will allow you to use as many as you want. I placed an order recently and was able to use a free shipping code, 10 free photo cards code, and a $10 off of $50 coupon code. Now, how do you get the coupon codes? Check out my favorite websites:
Ebates and earn cash back on almost any store on the web. GET $5 FREE upon signing up!
How it works:
- When you are ready to shop, search the websites above or google for coupon codes, then head to Ebates.
- You will need to sign in in order to get the cash back. Then, search for the store that you are wanting to purchase from. You will see how much Ebates is willing to give you in cash back next to the store name.
- Click on the name and you will see a "Tracking Ticket" and then it will direct you to that store's website.
- Make your purchase using your coupon codes. Usually within, 48 hours you will receive an email notifying you that they have acknowledge that you used Ebates with that store and will be receiving cash back. It's as easy as that!
- They send out actual checks every quarter. I have received over $50 in checks in ther past year.