Thursday, July 5, 2012

My All American Cuties


We had a wonderful Independence Day yesterday. We were very blessed to have Daddy home with us all day and absolutely no obligations.  It was nice.  The kiddos even knew that it was a holiday and they slept in till 8:30!  We all snuggled in bed for a little bit and then I finally got up and made breakfast about 9:30. 
 
A bit later, I decided that I needed to do something patriotic, so the boys and I ran to the store to grab the ingredients to make fruit pizza.  I thought it was cute, and of course yummy! 


We spent the rest of the day inside doing puzzles, playing house and driving cars.  It was too stinkin' hot out!  I think the hottest it got was 100 degrees.  We ended the day with a quick trip to Grandma & Grandpa's to share some of our fruit pizza and relax outside in the shade.  I was able to snap a few cute pictures of the kids.

 Our All-American Beauty 

 Picking flowers...a.k.a. weeds

Buddies

We ended our day in our pajamas watching the fireworks from our backyard.  We had a few neighbors lighting off "Big" fireworks and then we took a little walk to an open lot in our neighborhood that overlooks the valley.  In the distance, we could see the fireworks from the nearest town. 


The boys were in bed a bit late, but they were happy to be able to see the fireworks.  I am sure we will have get out next year and go see them a bit closer.   All in all, it was a pretty great day!  So thankful for the freedom that we have in this wonderful country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)