Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Best Lunch Date. Ever.


Sometimes it's the little things that matter most.  Yesterday, I had the opportunity to help out with Big Bro's preschool class.  My mother was watching the other two munchkins, so I decided that I would surprise Big Brother with a Mommy & Me lunch date. I had to stop by Menard's to pick up a couple of things, so I thought we'd slip into Wendy's afterwards.  When we pulled into the parking lot, his sweet little face lit up, and he asked  "Are we going to eat INSIDE?" Our "eating out" usually consists of a drive thru visit and eating at home, so this was extra special for him.  It truly was priceless.  He was so excited to get whatever he wanted.  He even picked out the high top table to sit at.  He beamed the entire time.  It was so awesome to be able to spend some one-on-one time with him.  We enjoyed some "big kid" conversation and had a special Frosty for dessert.  Big Brother felt extra-special which made me feel like the best mom ever.  I so need to do this more often.   Such a little thing, but such a big thing for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brighten my day....leave me a comment! :-)